TL;DR: We’re launching a new online course to help you build a world-class workplace. It’s called Designing Company Culture, and you can check it out here. You can preview the course for free or enroll for just $99.
When we started Lemonly almost nine years ago, I wanted this company to be two things: 1) home of the world’s best infographics, and 2) a great place to work. I wanted Lemonly to have an environment and structure that made work something to look forward to. I’m proud of the culture we’ve built, and I get excited when others recognize it, too, but I know we can always do more. There’s always somewhere to grow.
Why company culture matters
Company culture isn’t just a business buzzword. It has real consequences. Great culture is linked to higher employee engagement, job satisfaction, retention, productivity, and lower burnout, turnover, and confusion. When you consider the cost of replacing an employee can run anywhere from 50% to 200% of their salary or more, good company culture is good for your bottom line.
Tell me if any of these resonate with you:
- Your company is full of great people, but individuals or teams seem to be rowing the boat in different directions.
- You want your organization to be better aligned and more productive, but you don’t know where to start.
- Your important messages are difficult to communicate across the organization, or information gets lost in a company-wide game of telephone.
Sound familiar? I’ve seen too many organizations struggle with these challenges, and the solution comes down to two things: communication and culture.
Over the past few years, I’ve spoken to thousands of people at dozens of events across the country about the importance of building great company culture, sharing ideas and telling stories about our experiences at Lemonly. I found myself wondering why these insights couldn’t go beyond in-person events. I wanted to give people real tools and frameworks they could put to work in their organizations right away, anywhere.
So that’s exactly what we built.
Start building a better team
We’re excited to announce the launch of a brand new course from Lemonly called Designing Company Culture. We built this course over the past couple months to serve as a home for all our best-kept secrets about building great company culture. Inside you’ll find the real frameworks, templates, and guides we use every day at Lemonly, along with stories and examples from more than a decade of entrepreneurial experience.
Here’s a taste of what you can expect when you enroll:
- 65+ minutes of 4K video content
- 11 pages of downloadable worksheets and guides to help build your company
- The actual Google Docs templates and meeting agendas we use at Lemonly
- Memorable frameworks for growing your culture
- Lifetime access to course content, including any new and updated modules we add in the future
Here’s what you’ll learn
The strategies you’ll learn in this course will help you align your company and communicate clearly across your team. Culture is all about communication, and it’s your internal audience that matters most. When you communicate clearly and thoughtfully with your team, you can make sure everyone is moving in the same direction.
The course includes 8 modules covering the cornerstones of company culture:
- Core Values & Core Focus: Know who you are as an organization and where you’re headed.
- Hiring: Get the right people on the bus and put them in the right seats.
- Onboarding: Set the tone for your new hires on day one.
- 1-on-1 Meetings: Manage your employees with care and commitment.
- Employee Development: Prioritize growth and align your vision for the future.
- All-Hands Meetings: Make sure your entire team is on the same page.
- Planning Your Company Calendar: Organize your key events for team bonding and growth.
- Remote Work: Build a culture that scales beyond the walls of your office.
We want to share what we’ve learned about building company culture with as many people as possible. You can access the first module of the course for free, and we’ll refund your purchase within 30 days if you’re not satisfied.
The world needs more leaders—especially right now. I hope these tools will help you grow your company so you can come out of this crisis better and stronger.
Have questions or thoughts to share? Want to talk more about company culture, leadership, remote work, or something else? Hit me up at email@example.com. I’d love to hear from you!